Video Demos by Brett Kingman (aka Burgerman666) from his You Tube channel.
November 19th, 2011. It appears our demonstration videos are back on line for the time being. My sincerest thanks to those responsible for making that happen. We're still seeking to produce some more of our own videos for a few of our pedals soon. Diversity is a good thing.
The Model 9 videos sortof cover several of our designs:
The MODEL 9 uses our own proprietary compound circuit we call the Early Days Of Fire pcb that has several gain stages as well as a very nice compression stage. The development of the EDOF pcb was done through honing several circuit ideas one at a time to get the combination just right. Once I was satisfied with each separate sub-circuit, I went on to create the combo-preamp circuit known as the EDOF and the resulting pedal which is the Model 9. The "spawn" of that developmental period are:
- The Model 9 and it's associated Early Days Of Fire PCB.
- the JOE and it's associated JOE PCB.
- the Boosten and it's associated Boosten PCB.
- the Burgs and the Burgs2 and to an extent the Carma and their associated Return To Original Carma (RTOC) PCB.
- the X and the X2 and their associated X Modal Overdrive PCB.
Since Mr. Kingman did such a great job of covering all of the bases with the Model 9 videos, at various points the actual subcircuits themselves can be picked out and used to preview some of our other creations. Some "jsyk" trivia about the Model 9: Noel Hogan of The Cranberries rec'd the prototype of the Model 9, Burgs Kingman rec'd the first production unit. These Model 9 videos were produced with that very first production unit.
The Video Demonstrations; Model 9 and children:
- US Standard Clapton Strat with Mick Brierley pickups.
- 6:00 to 6:15 is a teaser of what the JOE and Azura sound like. In that time frame, Burgs has both the comp (in near zero mode) and the boost on at the same time. The distortion you're hearing at that point is not coming from the pedal, it's coming from the amp after being spanked a bit by the comp/boost combo.
- Les Paul by Larry Corsa.
- A bit of a "Sharp Dressed Jam" on the Model 9. I had been goofing around with different patches for the Model 9, so Burgs tried a setting I told him of on the Model 9 that has a bit of that Texas Trio flavor to it. He decided to see how well it does some of the 80's era Billy Gibbons' tones. You be the judge :)
CARMA Compressor Video - short version - done by Brett Kingman.
This is a video that was done of our CARMA compressor. The entire CARMA series uses our proprietary LittleJoe pcb that is a child of the JOE boostercomp. In 2009 we had a special run of the CARMA compressor going on known as the "BURGS" compressor. Functionally and tonally the Burgs is identical in every way to the CARMA, they sound completely identical and operate exactly the same way. So this video is totally relevant and a wonderful represntation of what the entire CARMA series of compressors sound like, even though this video is of a comp with the name "Burgs" on it.
LittleJoe circuit combined with our jfet transistor gain circuit (JOE series modules, the Model 9, the MEGA9):
VIDEO - JOE Preview. This video is of the Burgs (same as CARMA) compressor combined with the Boost, an excellent representation of what the JOE series of boostercomps sounds like, as well as the Comp and Boost sections of the Model 9.
Guitars used for the Model 9 videos that were done by Brett Kingman:
If you liked the sound of the guitars you heard in the Model 9 videos, here's a link to Mick's Website for handwound Strat pickups, and here's the link to Larry's Website for more info on his Les Paul used in the second video.
Audio Demos (MP3s):
These are Valven demos. Any pedal we build for you that uses the Valven circuit will be capable of the tones you hear on those mp3s
|Demo 1||Strat||Bassman||0:52||2,047 KB|
|Demo 2||Strat||Bassman||1:15||2,957 KB|
|Demo 3||Strat||Marshall||1:26||3,336 KB|
|Demo 4||Strat||Marshall||1:17||3,044 KB|
|Demo 5||Strat||Marshall w/ Echo||1:29||2,092 KB|
|Demo 6||Normandy Chrome||-||4:28||7,227 KB|
Below are some Burgs/CARMA compressor audio demos
MP3 - Brett Kingman ... CARMA Compressor. This is our basic 2 knob compressor. This demo also covers the Sunshine, and Sultan compressors as well. All 3 units use exactly the same core circuit. (1.2mb - just under a minute)
MP3 - BURGS ... CARMA comp with VALVEN od. A Burgs Compressor driving a Valven with Tone Plug #1. (1.9mb - 1:20)
These next 2 are a an audio tutorial of the Gemini done by Solon Smith. He covers many aspects of the Gemini, including several of the Tone Plugs, clean tones, maxxed out near-fuzzness, and the series capability of the unit. The entire demo is close to 15 minutes total time. So get comfortable.
MP3 - Gemini Audio Demo Part 1 (7.2mb - 7:38)
MP3 - Gemini Audio Demo Part 2 (7.8mb - 8:18)